Know Your Rights
A trusting attorney-client relationship is the foundation for effective representation at the Bartoletta Law Firm. If you work with Dominic or Frank Bartoletta, you will normally deal continuously with your own lawyer throughout your case. A fundamental goal we will pursue is to keep you aware of your rights — and how to assert those rights at every phase of a DUI case.
We Are Here To Protect Your Rights During — And After — A DUI Arrest
We may not have the opportunity to advise you of your rights at the time of a traffic stop. However, we are prepared to protect those rights at any stage of your DUI case.
We remind our clients of their rights to the following during a police stop or during follow-up communications with law enforcement:
- The right to remain silent: In practice, this means you do not need to give police any additional information at the scene beyond proof of your identity and beyond your driver license, registration and proof of insurance. You have this right both before and after arrest.
- The right to be represented by a private attorney or public defender before submitting to further questioning: This is crucial. At the time you are stopped, or at any time thereafter, you can tell police that you are invoking this right.
- The right to request additional breath or blood testing
Perhaps you did not come to this website until after you were arrested and now face DUI charges. No matter how far along your case is, you can count on the Bartoletta Law Firm to stand up for your rights under the law, including:
- The right to gather evidence in your own defense
- The right to a speedy trial
- The right to confront your accuser
Once we know the facts of your case, we can personalize our explanation of your rights. One of our attorneys can review your unique case and begin right away to plan an investigation and effective defense strategy.