From Law Offices In Spokane, Our Defense Lawyers Fight License Suspensions
The prospect of losing your driving privileges can be frightening. If, like a great majority of people, you depend on your car to get to work or take care of your family, losing your license can turn your life upside down.
The fate of your driver’s license after you have been stopped on suspicion of DUI can vary, depending on factors such as:
- Whether you are charged with a DUI first offense or a DUI second or subsequent offense
- Whether your license has previously been suspended for a DUI-related offense
- Where you are licensed
- Whether or not you submit to a blood, breath or urine test
Specific driver’s license penalties may include the following:
- Upon arrest: If you refuse a breath alcohol test — automatic minimum one-year revocation; if you test above the legal limit — license suspension (90 days to two years) unless you request a hearing within 20 days and the hearing officer decides in your favor.
- If convicted: License suspension for a minimum of 90 days, and up to four years, depending on the number of prior offense convictions within the previous seven years.
- Upon arrest: If you fail the blood alcohol test, 90-day suspension for a first offense and one year for a second; if you refuse the test, one year for a first refusal and two years for a second refusal within 10 years.
- If convicted: First DUI — 90 to 180 days; second DUI within 10 years — driver’s license suspension of one year; third DUI within 10 years — minimum license suspension of one year; can be up to five years.
If a lawyer from the Bartoletta Law Firm in Spokane represents you after a DUI arrest, we will fight to preserve your driving privileges. We will also work to prevent a criminal record that will result from conviction for a DUI misdemeanor or felony. We are prepared to represent you zealously if you were charged with a license-related offense such as driving with a suspended license.
To Protect Your Driving Privileges
Schedule a free initial consultation and learn what we can do for you — beginning with a detailed review of your unique circumstances and concerns. Call 509-828-4232 or send an email through this website to reach our law offices in Spokane. Our attorneys are prepared to fight your license suspension.